Tuesday 28 February 2012

Panic! I've lost a day somewhere!

By chance I overheard a phone conversation my English Mum was having when I heard her say that the 1st March was on Thursday.  My ears pricked up at this because I was sure the 1st was on Friday.  When I realized how wrong I was, I went in to panic mode.  Not only could I not go out with friends to a comedy show we’d booked in Canterbury this evening, I had to get myself to Chislehurst to catch up with friends, then get myself to my hotel at Gatwick Airport TONIGHT!   I was flying to Dublin tomorrow morning, NOT Friday morning as I had assumed. 

Had I not been eavesdropping on my English Mum’s conversation, I’d have woken up tomorrow morning, blissfully unaware that I was supposed to be on Ryanair FR113 to Dublin.
Arrangement were hastily made & thankfully, my friends were able to collect me and drive me to Chiselhurst where I spent a lovely 8 hours with my friends, before being dropped off at Gatwick Airport to spend a night a ‘Yotel’
My Yotel Room
A Yotel? I hear you say.  Tucked away in the South terminal of Gatwick Airport, I settled into a 98  square feet ‘pod’, equipped with bed, shower & toilet. 
Gatwick Yotel
Who says bigger is better? It was the perfect solution for staying somewhere handy to the airport so as to catch my early morning flight to Ireland.   The concept  of this space-saving capsule hotel originated in Japan. 
In the morning I literally walked out of the elevator & across the forecourt to the Departure Check-in.

Ireland here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment